Friday, July 31, 2009

A New Korea

Now as most spring semester exchange students from Yonsei have mostly filtered out of Seoul and back to their hometowns, Korea has definitely changed and become more of a place where I have to start my life. As a college grad (woot!), "real life" comes a-callin' and I feel a lot of the pressure of having to begin padding my resume and getting some work experience. On top of that I have the dilemma of choosing between adding some substantial experience to my resume (unpaid/low pay internship) or teach English and make some bank (but does help me much with my work experience). I'm leaning towards the internship but if that doesn't work out, any American can fall back on teaching English and live fairly comfortably out here.

On a happier note, my sis came to pay me a visit a couple weeks ago. We had come to Korea before in 2006 to do all the touristy stuff around Seoul and the rest of Korea so this time was more about doing whatever we wanted to do in Seoul. More about showing her what my life has been like the past 5 months. I introduced her to some of my friends that were still left over from spring semester as well as some of the native Koreans I met from my days back in the Cruz. My sister being a girl, we did an unprecedented amount of shopping (window-shopping for me) and carrying her bags around. We also met up with a lot of family that we weren't able to see in 2006 and even met new relatives. All in all, we had a great time and it was good seeing her again.

Gonna hit the sack so wish me luck in the job hunt (as I am sure many of us recent college grads badly need) and I will talk to you guys soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment